Wednesday, July 6, 2011

JJ Heller: What Love Really Means

I've become a JJ Heller fan over the past year.  Her music really ministers to me. I think this is because her songs are simple, fresh and feel so real -- no pretense.  My youngest daughter has some mental health problems and JJ's song Your Hands has been a tremendous encouragement to her (and us) in times of worry and discouragement. A friend of mine who is involved in ministry with us sent me a link to What Love Really Means.  One of the comments we hear frequently from some of our friends is that they don't feel worthy of God's love.  I have explained to them that perhaps the reason they feel that way maybe because we want to put God in the same conditional box we put our human relationships in.  JJ Heller captures the unconditional, redemptive love of God so well in this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment